Murder Most Royal - suggested by Carl Harley
Guy Walters is the author of 'The Traitor', 'The Leader' and 'The Occupation', works of fiction that depict Oswald Mosley as a puppet dictator under the Nazis. In an article in the 'Weekend' magazine, he previews a television series entitled 'Royal Murder Mysteries'.
He recalls the deaths of Prince George who was killed in an air crash in 1942, the Earl of Errol who was murdered in Kenya in 1941, the Russian Royal Family who were slaughtered by the Reds in 1918, and the mysterious death of Mad King Ludwig of Bavaria in 1886.
It's sometimes difficult with writers of historical novels to separate fact from fiction. The loss of the RAF Short Sunderland flying boat carrying Prince George and thirteen others was carefully investigated. The murder of the Earl of Errol, who was a member of the British Union of Fascists, and a member of the Kenya Legislative Council, remains unsolved. Sir Jock Delves Broughton was charged with the murder but found not guilty. He was the husband of the Earl of Errol's lover, Lady Diana Broughton.
The bodies of the Romanovs have been identified by DNA analysis using samples supplied by the British Royal Family. But the death of Mad King Ludwig remains a mystery because his family will not allow an autopsy.
The combination of Royalty and murder is irresistible to historical revisionists. They accuse Winston Churchill of being responsible for the death of Prince George who was thought to have Nazi sympathies. Churchill was a ruthless man who did not hesitate to sink the French Fleet. But can we really believe that he ordered the deaths of fourteen RAF personnel just to silence Prince George? Their scant evidence is taken from 'Double Standards' a book about Rudolf Hess by Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince. I once asked a conspiracy theorist to prove that Rudolf Hess had been murdered but he challenged me to prove that he had not. In the end, you believe what you want to believe.
Oswald Mosley died in 1980 but his ideas live on. 'Ten Points For Action' was published forty years ago but they are still relevant. Compare these visionary policies to the paranoid fantasies of the far-right.
1) Action to Build Houses. We want Action to solve the housing problem. It should be taken out of the hands of local authorities and entrusted to Government leadership with powers to mass produce houses and flats like an 'operation of war', turning out homes as munitions were mass-produced in time of war.
2) Stop the Land and Rent Rackets. Give the Government the power to acquire land at pre-boom prices and to finance housing by low-interest loans, paid for by high-interest charges on all non-essential and luxury building. Such action would bring down house prices and rents and at last provide good but cheap housing for all.
3) Stop Immigration - Start Repatriation. We want Action to ease the pressure on housing and other social problems (like the reintroduction of diseases unknown in Britain for hundreds of years) by stopping all further immigration and by repatriating all post-war immigrants to good jobs and conditions in their homelands, to which prosperity had been restored by using the surplus wealth and production of united Europe. But Britain could make a start now before the complete union of Europe is achieved.
4) Choice in Education and Health. We want Action to build good schools, colleges, universities and hospitals, just as we would mass-produce houses and flats. Parents should have a choice of schools for their children. We should not be taxed to provide those health services we will never use (maternity benefits for confirmed bachelors!) but free to pay in proportion to our requirements.
5) Free Speech - Law and Order. We want Action to ensure freedom of speech for everyone, guaranteed by the Government, which has a duty to maintain law and order in the State and to take effective action against mob violence, which today denies freedom of expression to any views of which its agitators disapprove. Let us maintain local police forces with their local knowledge and experience, but let us supplement them with a highly-trained, well-equipped, mobile national police force, to put down organised crime and to maintain public order.
We would ensure freedom of the Press for both newspapers and the public. Any man who felt himself misrepresented in the Press should be guaranteed (by law) equal space to reply in the newspaper concerned. This would free the public from the expense of seeking justice through costly libel action and free the newspapers from the legal blackmail of a threatened libel action by some unscrupulous racketeer.
6) Capital Punishment. The death penalty should be restored to the statute book, to be used sparingly in the case of premeditated murder. The Court of Appeal should have a solemn duty to reprieve if in any doubt. The sentence could be carried out not by hanging, but by a quick and painless injection or by some other humane method.
7) Action in Europe. To put these policies into practice Britain must advance beyond the concept of a so-called united Europe and Common Market to which the Conservative Party has at last been converted and which the Labour Party still opposes. We must advance quickly to "Europe a Nation", which we have advocated since 1948. We stand for a union of all Europe, our former white Dominions and southern Africa, a great "third force" independent of both America and Russia.
This "third force" must have a central government for its defence, the economy, finance and scientific development, with power to raise wages and control prices as production increases for a guaranteed market, insulated against unfair competition from the rest of the world.
We need a European army, equipped with the most modern weapons to defend our continent against attack from any quarter. This should be financed on a European budget, instead of each small country straining its economy to finance its own defence.
8) National and Regional Governments. There should be independent national and regional governments for each European country and the main regions. This would enable England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and other European countries and regions to have their own parliaments for internal affairs and for the preservation of their national and regional cultures.
9) The Irish Problem. The ultimate solution to the Irish problem is the union of that country within a united Europe. But the bloodshed must first be brought to an end by a free vote on a county basis in each of the Six Counties and a subsequent readjustment of the border. The bulk of the Catholic population in the North would then be ruled (as is their wish) from Dublin, with a lessening of present tensions, the IRA would lose its bases in the North and the British Army would have a much shorter border to patrol against infiltration from the South. In this improved situation agreement could more easily be reached on the eventual union of Ireland, with the rights of the Protestant minority protected and guaranteed by European government.
10) Government of National Union. We stand for a government of national union and effective action, drawn from the whole nation, from the professions and the trade unions, arts and science, the law and the armed forces. Government elected by the whole people alone should govern. It should have power to lead the economy, raising wages and controlling prices as science increased production. Then we will have cooperation instead of conflict in industry.
We want Action to halt the "brain drain" and to arouse a new spirit of national service in our British people, by relating all reward directly to skill, effort, initiative and responsibility. There should be "great reward for great service", crowned by higher pensions drawn from the wealth of the new economic system, as the reward in old age for those who had loyally served the nation throughout their lives.
Jews & Nazis
In his political memoir Many Shades of Black, John Bean tells the story of Colin Jordan’s supporters who rented a house in Coventry in the late fifties. The house was wrecked as a result of them playing games of ‘Jews & Nazis’. Today, their descendants are still playing the same games.
The original Nazis were supporters of Adolf Hitler’s National Socialist Party in Germany. Today, they can be anything from historical re-enactors who dress up as Storm Troopers to crusty old reactionaries who believe in the Jewish Conspiracy Theory. President Donald Trump is a strong defender of Israel with Jewish grandchildren, but he is accused of having Nazi sympathies because he wants to limit immigration. A Nazi is, in fact, anybody who criticises the Jews or expresses an opinion not approved by them.
But what is a Jew? When I wrote that Benjamin Disraeli was an Anglican I received a number of emails telling me that he was a Jew. But so was Karl Marx and he hated the Jews and was not shy about saying so. The picture does not become clearer by looking at the State of Israel that was established as a national home for the Jews.
The Tutsi people of East Africa also claim Jewish heritage. They were almost exterminated by their Hutu neighbours in 1994. They emigrated from Ethiopia in the fifteenth century and still follow Jewish customs. When the Jewish journalist Josh Kron visited Rwanda he reported: “I was greeted with a fist-pound and a touch to the heart by the money changer, who called me a fellow Jew.”
There are thought to be 30,000 Jews in India and 70,000 Indian Jews in Israel. In 2008 the Synagogue in Mumbai was attacked by Pakistani terrorist resulting in the deaths of six Jews.
The Shanghai Synagogue serves the 3,000 strong Jewish community in China.
In fact, the Jews come in all colours and can't be classified as a race. Many famous so-called Jews did not profess the Jewish religion, and many of the founding fathers of Zionism were self-confessed atheists. It seems that a Jew is someone who identifies as such. By setting themselves apart the Jews have contributed to their universal unpopularity. People who think themselves superior are bound to face hostility from the rest of humanity. This applies to the Nazis who think that they belong to the Master Race and to the Jews claim to be Gods Chosen People.
They are two sides of the same coin. Ze'ev Jabotinsky 1880-1940 (pictured) fought with the British army in WW1 and was a pioneer of the Zionist movement. He was financed by Benito Mussolini and befriended by the Nazis who shared his ambition to send Europe's Jews to Palestine.
Fantasy and Reality
Many people dream of returning to "the good old days", a mythical Golden Age without mass migration and global capitalism. Unfortunately, we are stuck with reality.
Today life has improved for most people but we are being overwhelmed by Third World immigration. White people are escaping the invasion by moving out of the inner cities, but that’s getting harder to do. Unfortunately wishing that ten percent of our population would go back where they came from will not make it happen. Repatriation would be very difficult. We would have to defy the United States and face sanctions. We would need the approval of the electorate, the agreement of our trading partners and the cooperation of the countries involved. We could start by sending back illegal immigrants, overstayed students, failed asylum seekers, criminals, and volunteers, but it would take a revolution to uproot immigrants who have settled here. Those who advocate rounding them up and sending them home should realise what is involved.
About a third of our immigrants are Muslims. Their birth-rate is generally much higher than the national average but this is expected to fall as they are assimilated. The public is justifiably outraged at terrorist atrocities but they accept that the majority of Muslims are not terrorists.
'Political Correctness' forbade any mention of immigration when it was non-European but the Poles were considered fair game by The Daily Mail and The Sun. They won the European Referendum by linking immigration to the EU - even though half of our immigrants come from outside Europe.
Their readers dream of an independent Britain but we are a small country with over sixty-five million mouths to feed and diminishing oil reserves. We must have access to the single market. We can keep our monarchy, our legal system and our Parliament but we cannot survive on our own. Those who think we would be better off out of the EU are mistaken.
Last year we contributed £4.6 billion to the EU but the Euro-sceptics arrived at a figure of £65.6 billion. They did this by guessing what trade we would do if we were not in the EU. An exercise in creative accounting that Robert Maxwell would have been proud of.
But if we quit the EU tomorrow we would still have to comply with international standards. The days of selling Morris Minors to grateful Australians are over. The Bruges Group preach ‘independence’ but they are staunch supporters of our ‘special relationship’ with America. Their heroine is Margaret Thatcher who made her famous Euro-sceptic speech in Bruges in 1988. She stood up to Jacques Delors but went weak at the knees at the sight of Ronald Reagan in his flying jacket.
England united with Wales and Cornwall in 1284, with Scotland in 1707 and with Ireland in 1800 – amended in 1922. We have been together for over two hundred years but each nation and region is still distinctly different. Despite our long tradition of national and regional identities within the United Kingdom some people are still worried that Europe will steal our nationality. They shouldn’t worry; Irish eyes will still be smiling, the Welsh will still be singing hymns and arias, the Scots will still be complaining and the English will still be apologising; so long as they are not replaced.
We survived the financial crash of 2008 by borrowing and
printing money. But we can't do that indefinitely and we can't return to the Gold Standard or the dollar system. We should forget about trying to be a world power and concentrate on improving productivity. Our automotive and aerospace industries show what can be done with modern machinery.
Our banking industry is vitally important. The City of London is a major employer of labour and a massive contributor to the exchequer. The Government must ensure that the banks have sufficient deposits to cover lending, but those who talk about hanging bankers and abolishing the Bank of England are deluded.
We must accept that we cannot grow coffee or bananas in the UK. Our armed forces are well trained and equipped but we could not take on the Chinese. And our manufacturing industry is improving but we are not about to overtake the Germans. But we can stop Third World immigration, dump the emotional baggage of Empire and become a modern country. We can bring our servicemen home from the Middle East and learn to mind our own business. The trick is knowing the difference between fantasy and reality.
Our sister blog is posted on http://nationrevisited.blogspot.co.uk